Thursday, May 8, 2008

Antiques, Bottles & Flowers

Welcome to Antiques on Main of Old Wethersfield, Connecticut, voted the best antique shop now for the third year in the Hartford magazine's Best of Hartford 2008 May issue. It is located next to the firehouse on Main Street. I have a variety of my work available there from paintings, tinware, art signs of the town and my wonderful collectibile houses. Historic Old Wethersfield, founded in 1634, is a special place to experience a communtiy of authentic New England heritage, museums, old architecture, places of interest nestled along tree lined streets. Of noted interest also is the Webb House where Washington and Rochambeau planned the Campaign of Ending the Revolutionary War at Yorktown in 1781. The Webb-Deane-Stevens Museum is a must to visit and just a few steps from Antiques on Main. Across the street from the museum is the J MICHAELS TAVERN, located in the historic Standish House, where I also exhibit my work.

Janice and I wandered around the shop and she was happy to find some small bottles. One was a medicine appearing bottle, a decorated little vase and an old ink bottle. Then when we got home Janice picked some flowers from the carpet of Myrtle along the edge of the stone walls, which were perfect for the new collection of bottles.


This is a half Federal house with an ell addition I made and with a painted scene all around. I couldn't resist making the image of a flowering tree by placing the Myrtle flowers in the back.



Looking forward to seeing you here at the studio in Glastonbury just over the river from Old Wethersfield, where there are plenty more houses of different sizes and shapes that I've made to bring an accent to your home.




1 comment:

mary s. said...

Very nice post Christopher! Rob and I would like to go to that shop with you and Mom.