Friday, January 23, 2009

Pathways Unleashed




Pathways for Children, is a North Shore organization providing more than 400 children and families with early education and child care programs. Later this year they will be holding their third fundraising event called "Pathways Unleashed". In 2004 and 2006, Pathways for Children held events called "Lobster Landings" and "Adirondack chairs" which were decorated into unique objects of art by many different artists, displayed throughout Gloucester and ultimately sold at a high profile auction in September. I participated in each event and now in this year's event.

If you ever want to see the lobster, stop in at the landmark restaurant, Woodman's of Essex, Massachusetts, home of the original fried clams, where it is on display.


I made the trip the other day to pick up my life sized dog to work on and to return it finished in May. I was given an English Bulldog and had some ideas right away. All I could think of was when I was in the Marines, the bulldog was a "mascot." and thought it was appropriate that I ended up with it.


The bulldog is made of fiberglass and looks real but I will "dress it up" in the weeks to come. I placed it by the stove in the gallery and I will show the progress as I go along. I plan on incorperating at least three subjects relating to the U.S. Marines, Patriotism & Gloucester and bringing it all together somehow.

No comments: