Thursday, January 10, 2008

Wayside Inn to the North Shore










January thaw came at a nice time Tuesday the 8th when I went to the North Shore after first going to the Wayside Inn. No matter how many times I walk the pathway to the Inn, it is so wonderful to experience. I wanted to check on the last minute details of the class I'll be giving Saturday.

After that I went through Swampscott about an hour away and took a moment just to reflect the beautiful day again. My daughter Vanessa took Janice and I to Anthony's Pier Four Cafe that overlooks Lynn Shore beach for dinner one evening after my special 40th Anniversary exhibit I had in Marblehead two years ago.

I then continued to Marblehead to the King Hooper Mansion where my gallery is on the second floor and brought in some new paintings. The historic mansion is the home of the Marblehead Arts Association where there are many events and activities throughout the year. There are many views of the old town from the windows toward the harbor each day and I use it as the wallpaper screen on my computer. When you visit the mansion , be sure to tour all the the different galleries in the three floors and the wine cellar which was the old kitchen. I not only have paintings there but also original art signs, decorated old tin pieces, drawings, prints, post cards and unique painted pieces such as the very collectible pine wood houses and barns in all sizes that is "Old New England". I met a couple there Tuesday that didn't know the gallery was my work and asked if everything he saw was the "founders" gallery because he had seen the work in the summer and it had that old look. I hadn't heard that before but that is the feeling of what my work can bring ........... as if it did exist back in time.

No comments: