Friday, January 28, 2011

Painting Class at the Wayside Inn

On January 22nd and the 23rd, the snow finally ended allowing for easy traveling to the Wayside Inn and spending the day creating "Summer Wagon Rides" for 36 students. Before the class began, I sat in the window seat in the Ford room gazing out toward the gardens with a cup of coffee and a pumpkin muffin thinking about the enjoyment of the rest of the day to come.

After all the preparation of the pine board we finally start to paint and to use the different patterns. I give everyone attention but I want the finished piece to be their own.


We break for lunch in the old kitchen of the Inn but at the tables everyone has gotten to the same point to later continue.


Twenty-one people enjoy the wonderful experience of having lunch and relaxation before getting back to painting......it's sometimes hard to get the energy though.


Everyone did finish this pine board, "Summer Wagon Rides" with their own individual touches. I am amazed that out of 16 in the class on Sunday, seven never painted before and all did very well, as did Saturday's class too. It will not be until next year most likely that I'll give another weekend of classes. I know some are thinking already of what the project will be, but I don't know yet. If you want to suggest an idea, write and tell me.

I hope that you will have the opportunity to visit the Inn and enjoy this historic landmark of New England where even George Washington stopped by on his way to Cambridge. You can even visit for breakfast which is open to the public from 7:30 am to 10:30am and then go to the gift shop and take home some famous muffins and pastry.





























No comments: