Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Display Board & Shelf




I have a lot of extra wood from the building of the barn studio & gallery and once in a while I like to make something with it. I had this tongue and groove pine stock that I used in making the various display boards. At first I was going to use them for something to paint a scene on, but decided to make these display board shelves.
There was a lot of woodworking and painting finishing to achieve the old look from these new boards. They have bread board ends and are all wired ready to hang. These can be used in so many places to bring a warm accent in decorating the country home.

As an added interest, the two nails under the shelf, are to be used as a place for hanging dried flowers or keys and are made of copper with a raised star on the nail head. These were used to hold down the slate roof of the famous High Street Lord Timothy Dexter House in Newburyport which the top floor was destroyed by fire in 1988. There is a book called Newburyport Stories from the Waterside by Liz Nelson that mentioned the fire and has illustrations of my ink drawings.

Shown on the different display boards are some of my paintings, houses and tins along with a collections old keys.

No comments: