Sunday, July 11, 2010

Wayside Inn birthday present

Longfellow's Wayside Inn, in Sudbury, Massachusetts, is a favorite place and an icon of New England for many over the centuries, and it will always be. I recently was asked by a collector's daughter Stephanie, if I might have something relating to the Inn for her mother's birthday coming within days. I thought right away about it and sent her an image of the inn made of wood and with a quick response she thought it was perfect. So I mailed out the package thinking everything would be fine and on time. I was told it should arrive within two days but a week later Sarah, my collector, only had received the two photos that Stephanie sent her saying a package would be coming. What a mystery to me it was and so I immediately started making another to replace it. Lo and behold, just when I finished, the package was found!

For some reason I transposed the wrong house number of the address. I learned that the number of the address I wrote was a vacant store but fortunately there were apartments next to it. One kind person living there traced the name it was addressed to, and Stephanie was able to walk over to retrieve her mother's present.

Moral of the story: Be very sure of the address you're writing on a package! On the other hand, it also shows a thoughtfulness of others in doing the right thing. Thank you to whoever it was that did the right thing and making three people very happy!

The inn is painted with the two different seasons to enjoy. If you are in New England I encourage you to visit the inn for a wonderful breakfast, luncheon, evening meals, overnight stays and other special occasions. http://www.wayside.org/






No comments: